Electrical Distributors is proud to have grown from the humble beginnings of one branch in Belmont in 1988, which was established by John Moore and Greg Jones, to become the largest independent and wholly West Australian owned electrical wholesaler in WA with 14 branches throughout the metropolitan and southwest area of Western Australia. Please see our locations.
Electrical Distributors supply you with products anywhere in the world
Through our corporate and commercial partnerships, Electrical Distributors also offers Australia wide and overseas supply of electrical products. If you are an electrician on contract, working in another part of Australia, for instance, or anywhere else in the world, such as Asia, Europe, South Africa, South America or the USA; Electrical Distributors can source and send you any obscure electrical product you may require, and in most cases you can be billed through your regular supplier.
Products and service
Electrical Distributors sells electrical products to the electrical trade and to industries with employed electricians. Please see our product catalogue. If you are in a hurry, contact us direct. We have a diverse and abundant stock with excellent supply quantities. Our helpful staff members are ready to help you with any product enquiry, quickly and efficiently. We can source any usual or unusual electrical product you may need to carry out your electrical work anywhere in the world through our network of suppliers and partners.
- December 1988 Electrical Distributors open the doors of their first branch in Belmont
- November 1991 ED’s Expands to 2 stores with the opening of its Balcatta Branch
- July 1994 Opening of Midland
- August 1997 Open Naval Base
- April 1998 Open Bentley
- October 1998 ED’s Opens in Maddington, now located in neighbouring Kenwick
- August 2001 Electrical Distributors acquires Lakes Electrical and expands in to the south west region with Mandurah, Busselton and Margaret River stores
- August 2004 Open Myaree, now located to larger premises in neighbouring Booragoon
- November 2006 Open Bunbury
- July 2007 Open Kelmscott
- December 2013 Celebrate 25 years with a ball at Crown Casino and open branches in Newman and Landsdale
- July 2014 Acquired by Sonepar
ABOUT THE SONEPAR GROUP
Sonepar is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services. Assisting customers in a wide range of markets and drawing on the skill and passion of its 46,000 associates, Sonepar has sales of €22.4 billion (as of December 31, 2018).
Through a dense network of 170 operating companies spanning 44 countries and 5 continents, and the digital solutions developed, the Sonepar Group delivers greater service and enhanced customer relations every day. Sonepar’s ambition is to become “La Référence” – the standard-setter for all its stakeholders
Key Figures in 2018:
- €22.4 billion in sales
- 44 countries
- 170 operating companies
- 2,800 branches, plus a presence at over 1,000 customer worksites
- 115 distribution centers, more than 1 million order lines per day
- 46,000 associates assisting more than 1 million customers